Wednesday 24 August 2011

In Cyprus, the tv in our room has 90% Turkish tv channels, one Japanese/American channel, BBC World News and a music channel. You've probably heard this song already - I heard it a while back, before Cyprus, but I hadn't seen the video and omg I love it. The outfit, the dancing, the lighting, the one continuous shot, it's so simple but it's brilliant. I'm not that much of a fan of dance/pop music but it's not hard to see that Robyn has so much more talent than bloody Katy Perry but y'know, she doesn't constantly show her boobs so of course she's not as popular.

Anyway, when I saw the video I felt the need to tell you guys that I liked it and I wondered why I felt the need to do that. It's not like it's going to make that much of a difference to either of our lives. You guys have probably seen it or probably don't care and the only difference it would make to my life would be that I would know that you would know that I like it.
I just find it funny that in this age of blogging, we all feel the need to tell the world (or in my case, my 15 followers --el oh el--) about stuff like this. We feel the need to tell people what we thought of that certain movie, or that we're listening to this certain song, or this is the outfit I'm wearing today.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it or saying it's stupid, I've done all 3 of those things above at one point or the other, I just find it quite intriguing that we feel the need to publish these things and I wonder why we want to. I guess it's a good thing that we value our own opinions that much? Maybe. I guess as long as it doesn't cross the line into vanity or even a kind of dictatorship? haa, I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. my older sister thinks its stupid because she thinks I write stuff like 'I like cheese today'
    but then i said one word to shut her up.
    facebook.

    meh its just fun stalking people i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, epic vid !! somthn about it and the one shot and ligting LOVE..

    I LIKE LIGHTS! LIGHTS LIGHTS! PRETIFUL

    and love this song :)

    ReplyDelete