Sunday 6 May 2012

My So Called Life

In the time I haven't been stressed out doing loads of drawing & work & feeling miserable, I've been watching My So-Called Life. I've been meaning to watch it for ages now but never got round to it until I found the whole series (it was cancelled after one series) on youtube. For those of you who don't know about it, it's a teen drama series from the 90's and it's GREAT. It follows the life of Angela Chase (Claire Danes) and her friends and family. It makes you really want to go to high school in America in the 90's and get treated like crap by Jordan Catalano and go to house-shows and stuff. I guess the only criticism would be that the parents are having sex in practically. every. episode. Like, seriously, give it a rest. Don't let that put you off though.
One of things I really like, other than the stories/characters etc, is the fashion. Ok, so I know the whole 90's trend has been around for a while now and getting pretty boring, but this post is pretty much a dedication to the delicious grungey layers of Angela & co.
And by 'grunge' I definitely with every bone in my body do not mean what some awful tumblrs & fashion bloggers mean when they call practically everything under the sun that is a tiny bit edgy 'grunge'.
I know everyone talks about Rayanne's fashion, which I love too, but you can see all of that here.
That's why there's more Angela and Ricky in this.
BURGUNDY DUNGEREES & RED TOP & RED HAIR
LOOK AT RAYANNE



FLORAL DRESS AND FLANNEL SHIRT (ok so this is kind of how I used to dress and still dress sometimes but not as cool as Angela)
FABULOUS BEAUTIFUL RICKY. MOST PRECIOUS CHARACTER.










tartan shorts yah


Also Angela made me buy red hair dye and it's sitting in my cupboard, I'm just waiting for my shorter layers to grow out and then I think I'm going to trim my hair myself because I AM NOT LETTING ANYONE TOUCH MY HAIR EVER.
And here's the obligatory Jordan Catalano picture:

1 comment:

  1. Ah I loved that post. The fashion made me jump into every vintage store searching for the perfect Angela outfit. I would love to rock some of those threads again even if it was just for one day. And I love the way rayanne moves, like how her bag is never fully on her shoulder and stuff. I was sad all over again when I finished watching it. Glad you liked it and loved the obligatory picture :)

    ReplyDelete